What is Retail all about? Retailers work directly with their customers. Interpret to the customer make the customer satisfy look into their needs, desires be friendly and polite. A retailer must be a team worker, talented, committed and working together to keep a large Retail Business effectively and competitively functioning.
- Meet with people
- Communicate with people
- Be Organizational
- Be enthusiastic, Hardworking and responsible
What can Retail Offer You?
There is a great demand for Retailer Managers in the International market.
- Dynamic fast paced working environment
- Enjoyable workplace which emphasizes teamwork and customer service
- Develop valuable skills that will be applicable to whichever into the operation of a business
- Access to a wide range of career options.
Program outline – The objective of the program is to train, coach and impart skills and techniques to competently perform roles and responsibilities within majority of business in the Retail trades. Students will be exposed to real-life experience in the industry.
Teacher-Student ratio: 1:20
Modules / Units :-
- Retail Business Environment
- Stock Management & Presentation
- Retail Security
- Customer care
- Introduction to Marketing
- IT Applications I
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Business Statistics
Free tuition :-
- Sinhala (foreign students only)
- IT and Computing
- Retail Management
Free Tuition Classes will be organized in the Institute for those students who wish to improve their IT, English and Tamil. Professionally qualified Instructors will conduct the classes to enhance the IT knowledge and command of English and Tamil languages. Students will improve their IT, languages, listening, speaking, reading and presentation skills. The students will get opportunities to involve in conversation, Dialogue, writing and use of English grammar with accuracy when in use.
Admission requirements :-
- Minimum G.C.E. (O/L) Level or completion of high school.
- Matured students above 21 years of age with some secondary school education and working experience.
- English proficiency (Pass in G.C.E. O. Level)
Delivery method :-
- Classroom lessons include some or all of the following;
- Group discussions
- Case studies
Duration :- 12 months in full-time / part-time mode
- Each module is assessed via the following;
- Group projects
- Oral presentation
- Practical demonstrations